Mar 27, 2013

diy paint frenzy - go get your hands dirty

After my whirlwind apartment decorating extravaganza I'd had a handful of friends try to entice me to their homes with the intent to paint. They, like most humble mortals, are intimidated by the idea of tackling a DIY paint project of their own. It's so super easy! OK, it's not. But it is fun! Ok, maybe just a little... But it is rewarding. I promise, it is.

To help the worrisome painters, I wrote this article for About.com on how to perfectly prep a space for painting. If you follow these easy (though seemingly tiresome) tips, achieving a perfectly painted space is a lot easier than you think.

Here are some other articles to help your DIY decorating desires...
My personal account of using the Turboroll Power Paint Roller (soooo fancy)
My additional personal account of using the Smart Edge Rollers (I am The Master of Details)
Forget paint! Let's wallpaper! Here are all the tools you'll need for a fab job.

You've seen what my DIY painting jobs look like. Now enjoy what a professional can do...

Design by...Me. [shameless self promotion]


 And further painted spaces that I love (just a little inspiration for your afternoon):





No comments:

Post a Comment